good life, good death, good grief

Does the person I am caring for need medication? If so, which medication, and how do I get hold of it?

How can you help? Who else can help?

  • Your GP can give information about this, and prescribe it. If the person is in hospital or a hospice, the doctor looking after them can discuss medication with you.
  • The pharmacist can also give information about different medications.
  • The person’s doctor can also suggest using alternative ways of giving the medicine if the person has difficulty swallowing or keeping it down.
  • Your doctor/ nurse may arrange for you to have extra ‘just in case’ medicines at home so that these can be given if needed.
Text size:AAA
Before I die I want to ...
Bereavement Charter for Scotland