good life, good death, good grief

The person seems distressed, or is experiencing difficult emotions

The person may be feeling angry, scared, guilty or confused.

how can you help? who else can help?

A chaplain or spiritual care co-ordinator is trained to help people who are experiencing such feelings. They can provide support for the person who is dying and those who are important to them, whether or not they hold a religious belief.

If the person does have religious beliefs, they can also receive a visit from their local faith leader.

A counsellor, social worker or psychologist, as well as a nurse, may also be able to offer support.

Text size:AAA
Before I die I want to ...
Bereavement Charter for Scotland